Do you love numbers? Do you have a mind for analyzing production processes to determine how much time, money, and labor a project needs?
Estimating is a very important role within a company and will be responsible for preparing cost estimates for printing, mailing, and fulfillment projects through the use of standard job cost software. A strong print and mail background is required.
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding the customer-provided specifications and preparing costs by determining the most efficient and cost-effective methods for meeting those requirements within the company’s capabilities.
- Maintain established productivity and quality standards while continually improving the knowledge of materials and preferred supplier’s capabilities.
- Participate as a team player by supporting operations as needed.
- When projects require services that the company is not capable of providing the estimator will engage and receive pricing from outside service partners.
- Advise on options for alternative production materials or methods and provide costing where applicable.
- Involve appropriate team members as needed for project review.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience within the printing industry. Familiarity with printing and mailing operations.
Must speak fluent English and communicate well in written and oral situations.
- A strong background in math and cost accounting.
- Strong attention to detail, possessing strong problem solving and logical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Comfortable working with flexible deadlines and workload requirements.
- Strong keyboarding and computer skills.
- Ability to communicate with other departments to achieve desired goals.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time working on a computer.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
If you meet these requirements, we would love to meet you!
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting salary is commensurate with experience.
We offer great benefits including 401(k) with matching, Paid Holidays, Flex-time Scheduling, Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Long-term and Short-term Disability.