|Are you skilled at and enjoy plate making?
Are you a good communicator?
If so, NextPage is looking for a Flexographic Press Operator II who is a highly skilled journeyman position specific to our NextPage flexographic presses and plate making. This employee is responsible for interacting with varying levels of internal and external personnel requiring the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in written form if needed. Effectiveness in this role requires a high level of knowledge of the flexographic printing process both printing and plating with a focus on safety protocols as outlined by the company in guidance by OSHA safety rules and mandates. This operator will make ready, run and have the overall responsibility of the printed work and plates that comes off of the press and plate maker, they will also be responsible for troubleshooting mechanical issues. Further responsibilities are to train level I operators, maintain the machine in a condition that allows for a quality print product on a daily basis A successful candidate will be able to:
- Read and understand job related production requirements communicated through a job production ticket and job, department, and plant-wide standard operating procedures
- Have a high level of knowledge of navigating and using the controls of a printing and plating device
- Ability to train and work in tandem with Level I operators to produce work in accordance to the time and quality standards set in place
- Have a high level of knowledge reviewing press sheets for printing flaws, content, register, and backup. Understanding the DE conformance standards of NextPage when reading printed sheets and adjusting the controls to be in conformance
- Have a high level of knowledge to help troubleshoot print and job planning issues as needed to maintain efficient and productive production output
- Safety comes first if a safety concern or issue is identified this need communicated immediately
- Communicate effectively with the Lead, Supervisor or Area Manager and other departments to ensure that all production scheduling objectives are being met
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team that promotes personal and company growth
- Maintain personal productivity and quality standards that meet or exceed company expectations and always following Quality as outlined in NextPage SOP’s
- Provide continuous improvement ideas on how to safely improve your job, work area, and company, with the goal of achieving world class
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in company standard operating procedures and in the company handbook
- Participate as a key player by supporting other plant operations as needed inside and outside of your daily work area
- Report time and materials consumption accurately utilizing standard company reporting tools.
- Preform daily press startup and shutdown maintenance, and strive to execute periodic maintenance.
- Available to work overtime when needed
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Microsoft Office, computer and or software
- 5 + years flexographic press experience
- The ability to communicate well and participate as a team member
- Mechanical aptitude
- Meet or exceed minimum test requirements as specified by the hiring manager.
- Experience and knowledge of running flexographic presses.
- Problem solving
- Work with in a team and Collaboration
- Math, decimal points, reading a ruler
The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Have specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Stand for prolonged periods of time – up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and or move up to 75 pounds.
- Primary activities are conducted within a well-lit, climate-controlled facility.
- Fast-paced environment subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity
- Exposure to ink and chemical fumes, and airborne particles such as paper dust and drying powder
- Regularly required to use hands to handle delicate work, type, keyboard, or feel
- Skill in the use of hand tools
- Twisting, turning, reaching, pulling, kneeling and bending, squatting, walking
The noise level is usually moderate to loud and employees are exposed to ink and chemical fumes, and airborne particles such as paper dust and drying powder. The printing industry is a fast-paced environment subject to numerous schedule and priority changes on a short notice.
If you meet these requirements, we would love to meet you!
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting salary is commensurate with experience.
We offer great benefits including 401(k) with matching, Paid Holidays, Flex-time Scheduling, Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Long-term and Short-term Disability.
This position starts immediately!