|Are you a stickler for quality?Is Safety a priority?NextPage is looking for a Inserter Line Associate’s to join the team!
The primary responsibility is to ensure the highest quality product is going in finished cartons. Effectiveness in this role requires an entry level of knowledge of the inserter, shrink wrap machine, marker machine and pockets with focus on safety protocols as outlined by the company in guidance by OSHA safety rules and mandates. Further responsibilities are to train inserter line associates, maintain the machines in a condition that allows for a quality product on a daily basis. A successful candidate will be able to :
- Ensure all date codes are present and legible
- Ensure all additional NP applied print / stickers / etc., are in place
- Ensure all side seams are holding correctly
- Ensure box has correctly applied label affixed
- Visually inspect bundles for poorly manufactured product and pull as needed
- Clear jams at shrink wrapper, marker machine, or pockets
- Proactively provide feedback to line operator on issues with shrink wrapper, marker machine, or pockets
- Affix box labels as time permits
- Stack, wrap and move pallets as time permits
- Disassemble improperly manufactured product and assess if contents can still be used as time permits
- Print box labels for current day production to ensure line doesn’t run out
- Clean as needed, ensuring a tidy work environment
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager or other designated employee
- Maintain quality control, with attention to detail to ensure quality and conformance to job specifications, always following Quality as outlined in NextPage SOP’s
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Clear communications of any problems encountered when they are discovered.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Microsoft Office, computer and or software
- The ability to communicate well and participate as a team member
- Mechanical aptitude
- Meet or exceed minimum test requirements as specified by the hiring manager
- Problem solving
- Work with in a team and Collaboration
- Math skills
The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Have specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Stand for prolonged periods of time – up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and or move up to 75 pounds.
- Primary activities are conducted within a well-lit, climate-controlled facility.
- Fast-paced environment subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity
- Exposure to ink and chemical fumes, and airborne particles such as paper dust and drying powder
- Regularly required to use hands to handle delicate work, type, keyboard, or feel
- Skill in the use of hand tools
- Twisting, turning, reaching, pulling, kneeling and bending, squatting, walking
The noise level is usually moderate to loud and employees are exposed to ink and chemical fumes, and airborne particles such as paper dust and drying powder. The printing industry is a fast-paced environment subject to numerous schedule and priority changes on a short notice.
If you meet these requirements, we would love to meet you!
Compensation and Benefits:
Both opening and closing shifts available (6am to 2 pm and 2 to 10 pm)
Starting Pay $15/hr
We offer great benefits including 401(k) with matching, Paid Holidays, Flex-time Scheduling, Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Long-term and Short-term Disability.
This position starts immediately!