Have you worked with mail? Sorted mail, or completed mailing paperwork?
Do you enjoy an active job that provides a real future?
Have you been in and around mail or the printing industries and looking for a career?
Mail sorter position is a position that requires an employee to recognize and separate sequenced numbers on mail pieces for distribution and mailing through USPS. These mail pieces will be provided in trays and ran through inserting machines, ink jet machines or could be sorted by hand. Effectiveness in this role requires entry level knowledge of the different process and a focus on safety protocols as outlined by the company in guidance by OSHA safety rules and mandates. The Sorter will learn to assist and help operate on any number of functional pieces of inserting and mailing equipment. A successful candidate will be able to:
- Ability to sort mail in a fast-paced environment of the end of mailing equipment.
- Sort mailing trays of cards and letters for postal distribution by yourself or in a team setting.
- Ability to change ink jet reprint in the Xi-jet print wizard.
- Assist in other areas/departments as needed.
- Must work overtime if deadline compliance mandates.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to recognize sequenced numbers.
- Take instruction and ability to understand detailed work instructions.
- Read and understand job related production requirements communicated through a job production ticket and plant-wide standard operating procedures.
- Safety comes first if a safety concern or issue is identified these need to be communicated immediately.
- Communicate effectively with the Operator, Lead, Supervisor or Area Manager and other departments to ensure that all production scheduling objectives are being met.
- Maintain personal productivity and quality standards that meet or exceed company expectations.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in company standard operating procedures and in the company handbook.
- Participate as a key player by supporting other plant operations as needed inside and outside of your daily work area.
- Report time and materials consumption accurately utilizing standard company reporting tools.
- Assists in daily machine startup, shutdown maintenance and perform periodic maintenance.
- Available to work overtime when needed.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required by management.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Microsoft Office, computer and or software.
- An average mechanical aptitude.
- Meet or exceed minimum test requirements as specified by the hiring manager.
- Problem solving.
- Work with in a team and Collaboration.
- Math, decimal points, reading a ruler.
- Understanding of Mailing processes.
The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand for prolonged periods of time – up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and or move up to 75 pounds.
- Primary activities are conducted within a well-lit, climate-controlled facility.
- Fast-paced environment subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity.
- Regularly required to use hands to handle substrate in and around equipment.
- Skill in the use of hand tools.
- Twisting, turning, reaching, pulling, kneeling and bending, squatting, walking.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud and employees are exposed to ink and chemical fumes, and airborne particles such as paper dust and drying powder. The printing industry is a fast-paced environment subject to numerous schedule and priority changes on a short notice.
We will train the right individual. Passion is important at NextPage!
If you meet these requirements, we would love to meet you!
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting salary is commensurate with experience.
We offer great benefits including: 401(k) with matching, Paid Holidays, Flex-time Scheduling, Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Long-term and Short-term Disability.