Do you love Adobe Creative Suite?
Do you think Variable Data Printing is freaking awesome?
Do you enjoy seeing the projects you touch actually get printed and mailed?
NextPage is looking to hire a full-time, experienced Prepress Technician to prepare art files for print production using both standard and advanced software tools. The Prepress Tech prepares and/or audits customer-provided production to provide/ensure production-ready files for various commercial printing processes based on job requirements, customer specifications, and other job information. The tech operates computers, participates in video conferencing, and utilizes other peripheral equipment to complete job assignments by performing the following duties;
- Read and understand job-related production requirements communicated through a job production ticket and job-related, department, and plant-wide standard operating procedures.
- Collect, verify, and organize job components and required information from both internal/external sources for print jobs.
- Review output proofs as well as virtual proofs and be able to audit/verify specifications.
- Create and rebuild artwork files based on internal standard operating procedures, industry knowledge and experience, and prepares proofs (printed/electronic) of finished layout for internal and external customers.
- Working with internal stakeholders, project managers, sales, and plant production staff, the prepress tech works to make production run smoothly through every department.
- Maintain departments expected high levels of productivity and quality throughout all operations, completing assigned scheduled orders in allotted timeframe.
- Safety comes first – if a safety concern or issue is identified these need to be communicated immediately
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team that promotes personal and company growth.
- Communicate effectively with Prod. Lead, Supervisor or Area Manager to ensure that all production scheduling objectives are being met.
- Provide continuous improvement ideas on how to safely improve your job, work area, and company, with the goal of achieving world-class.
- Ability to effectively multi-task in an industry that is fast-paced and subject to numerous schedule and priority changes on short notice.
- Strong aptitude for computers – ability to learn and understand computer systems and prepress/graphics software, as well as troubleshooting problems in a timely manner.
- General knowledge of the printing industry and reproduction processes and terminology.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in company standard operating procedures and in the company handbook.
- Participate as a key player by supporting other plant operations as needed inside and outside of your daily work area.
- Available to work overtime when needed.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required by management.
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, or; 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat).
- Working knowledge of RIP’s, their purpose, and how to troubleshoot when needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with Fuji XMF workflow software.
- Variable data setup using XMPie software or related tools.
- Ability to manipulate and troubleshoot various types of production files.
- Frequently sit for long periods of time in an office environment.
- Repetitive use of hands and arms to handle, reach, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20lbs.
- Specific vision required includes close, distance, color, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
If you meet these requirements, we would love to meet you!
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting salary is commensurate with experience.
We offer great benefits including 401(k) with matching, Paid Holidays, Flex-time Scheduling, Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Long-term and Short-term Disability.