NextPage combines the best of technology, talent and service from within the printing and marketing arena. The company specializes in the execution and delivery of offset printing, digital printing, data-driven multi-channel direct marketing that includes email, direct mail, and digital and social marketing, as well as complex brand marketing collateral.
This position has a direct supervisor and performs receiving duties for the company. Responsible for keeping accurate incoming/outgoing records, accepting, inspecting, stocking and transferring deliveries. Adherence to maintaining work systems, procedures & policies within the department. Maintain a culture that emphasizes safety and quality. Continuous improvement and development for optimal performance. Potential for growth.
- Accepts and signs for deliveries from distributor.
- Assists in unloading shipments from delivery truck
- Uses dollies, forklifts, and other powered industrial equipment to transport shipments from loading dock and around stockroom.
- Inspects contents of shipments and checks shipping invoice to ensure all items are accounted for.
- Enter transactions into job management system for job completion, shipment/receiving history and tracking, and inventory management.
- Processes returns for any defective or incorrect items.
- Processes transfers for shipments moving on to another location.
- Conducts inventory of products and logs data into inventory database.
- Contacts distributor to inquire about shipment delays or problems.
- Reports any major or unresolved shipment delays or problems to Department Manager.
- Addresses and answers customer inquiries regarding pending orders and shipments.
- Good communication skills – listening, speaking and understanding is very important to the job.
- Pays close attention to detail and demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Read a job ticket thoroughly; which details the requirements for each job.
- Fast-paced environment subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity.
- Work effectively and efficiently under multiple deadlines and commitments.
- Primary duties are conducted within a well-lit, climate-controlled facility.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Other responsibilities/duties may be assigned as required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High school diploma or GED
1+ year of mailroom/shipping or warehouse experience preferred
Basic computer skills – Microsoft Office
Basic mathematical skills
FEDEX & UPS shipment software experience a plus
Able to manage tight and changing timelines
Flexible schedule, including occasional weekend as business needs dictate
Is capable of operating forklifts and other powered industrial equipment to move heavy shipments.
Twisting, turning, reaching, pulling, lifting, squatting, kneeling, and bending with a full range of movement for prolonged periods of time – up to 8 hours or more per day.
Noise level is usually moderate to loud.
Repetitive use of hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
Must regularly lift up to 50 pounds.
- Industry-leading benefits including 401(k) with matching, paid health insurance after a 90-day waiting period, and paid time off
Your new company:
At NextPage, you will have the opportunity to work with the best equipment and some of the most knowledgeable people in the Printing and Mailing industry. NextPage is a 100+ person strong direct marketing firm that has shown consistent growth for over two decades. We are leaders in our segment and have solid positions in many niche industries. We are innovators, leaders, and drivers.
What you need to do now:
Click the Apply button!
NextPage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Key Words: Print Production, Bindery, Mailroom, Inserting, Inserter Operator, Print, Printer, Folder, Paper Cutters, Saddle Stitchers, Inkjet Operators. Production